Monday, April 2, 2012

March 2012

Wowzer, time flies when you are busy living life. Things here are moving along at a clip that seems to never slow down.
We are in the middle of a doggy sitting jag. Conan and Roo made their appearance in late February and it looks like they will likely be with us until at least May. They are great dogs, great big dogs. They have made themselves at home. Conan has decided his favorite places are sacked out on the couch and my bed. My poor cream colored blanket was nearly grey from all the black doggy hair. I can vouch for the fact that German Shepherds only shed on days that end with a "y". Wholly dog hair batman! But they have been gems and we love having them. Greg had to work three overnights in a row, and I loved the piece of mind I had when I went to bed at night, knowing my big dogs were sleeping near by. There was also the added bonus of my cousin in the spare bedroom, and his highway patrol car in the driveway. I don't think I could be an "overnight" wife. Those nights were miserable and the days were miserable. Thankfully, remodeling doesn't happen but once in a blue moon.
We survived off-track. Nathan was a little disappointed that we weren't going anywhere this time. Considering the last 2 off-tracks have brought some big trips (a cruise and Disneyland) I can understand his expectation, and really I wish we had been able to go someplace, but with doggies, it made it necessary to stay home for a change. Maybe in next time we can have an adventure.
Speaking of adventures, the other day we had to take my Aunt home, she lives about 2 hours away, part freeway driving part canyon highway. On the way home, about 20 minutes into our drive home Alex informed me she had to pee. When I asked her if she could hold it, she informed me she could not, so I found a little place to pull over so she could pee on a tree. We all jumped out of the car, Nathan ran over to do his business and Alex looked at me like I was going to chop her arm off. I wanted her to WHAT? So I help (got her) out of the car and my mom was talking to her. Well, the minute I let go of her she ran and crawled back in the car and started crying and yelling about how she was NOT going to pee in the bushes. She is usually so adventurous, so I snagged her back out of the car, kicking and screaming (literally!) and hauled her over to the bushes so she could pee. Needless to say, she was NOT! going to have anything to do with this nonsense. So I told her she could hold it, she said that was fine, and we all got back in the car. Me, licking my lip wound from where she scratched my face while trying to escape me trying to make her pee on a bush. And she wants to go camping....should be interesting.
March came in like a lion and went out like a lamb. And was over before I hardly had time to realize it.

No comments: