Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School 2009

when you have a little sister, who is as big a ham as you are, it is nearly impossible to get her out of the picture.
Nathan's first day of school 2009.

Nathan is offically in the 4 year old preschool class and boy is he happy to be there. His teacher this year is Mrs. Francis and he is so excited to go to school 3 days a week. The preschool he is at focuses on a phonics based reading program and by the end of the year, he should be reading simple books. I am very happy with that, and look forward to a great year.
I sent Greg to school with Nathan for his open house, becasue I had to take my aunt to a Dr. appt. Greg filled out all his paperwork, likes and dislikes and such. He put on the paper that the name he goes by is Nate, not Nathan. Apparently Nathan spent all day Friday (the first day of school) correcting his teacher, telling her his name is Nathan not Nate. I cannot not blame his Dad, becasuse we do call him Nate alot. But when it come to school....he is Nathan. He started that last year, and I am sure it will change again before his school career is over. But whatever you call him, he is always my little boy.

1 comment:

Bethers Family said...

How cute! Alyssa starts tomorrow...tear...can you believe how quick they have grown up! I love the Nathan not Nate! I had a teacher that called me Kathryn---not even my name---i'd get detention for correcting him :)