Friday, February 26, 2010

Lighter Side...maybe

My last post was HEAVY! I know that, it was not a lot of fun to re-read. It was hard. So I figured I need something lighter. Today my girlfriend, who is one of my verbal diarhea victms on a regular basis (all my friends are now nodding in agreement, trying to figure out which of them in particular that I am talking about.... I am going to give you all a second to ponder if it was you.......) said soemthing that made me laugh. She was talking about a friend who said something about things he did not want to know/do before he died i.e. he did not really want to know what it felt like to be shot. That made me giggle, becasue Greg and I do that kind of thing a lot. Usually while looking up, at least on my part as to include God in the conversation. Things like I will still hurt for my friend whose daughter is really sick, I don't need my kid to get sick to feel so awful and hurt for her.



So here it is, the beginning of my UNBUCKET LIST...aka things I am good without doing/having/knowing about. And just for the record, I am not tempting fate here! I am merely stating fact.



1. Having a critically ill child. My heart has had its fill with one of my babies being premature. That was more than enough, and I ache for any Mom or Dad or family who has to deal with this.



2. Major car accident.



3. Knowing what it feels like to have been shot by a bullet or stabbed by a knife. I am making this one thing...........and if you have to ask why, you are a fool.



4. Cancer. I don't want it, I don't want anyone I know or love to have it. Probably the most unrealistic thing on this list.



5. drowning. I live water. But not to breathe it.


I think for now this is a good start. I am pretty sure there ar more that will be added at a later date, but one thing is for sure.....I bet I got ya thinking!

No comments: