Monday, February 1, 2010

Parent Teacher Conference

I would say it seems a bit much to have a parent teacher conference for preschool, but when you are involved in a preschool that is as academic as the one we have chosen, I find it to be a good thing. I had Nathan's last Friday after preschool becasuse we will be out of town when they are holding the official PTC's. And the good news is that he is doing very well. Mrs. Francis (who is a delight) said that Nathan is one of the advanced readers and that he is pretty much a spongue, in that he learns so quickly and seems to be so interested in everything. She really had nothing bad to say about him. She did have a few observations though, and they really made me laugh out loud. The first of these being how they are at playtime. Last year Nathan was one of only 3 boys in his class. This year he is one of NINE! How she does that I will never know! But the boys play, and as Mrs Francis put it there is a LOT of testostterone going on. (SO FUNNY) And that Nathan plays very well, but that he tends to get LOUD. As in he will talk over all the other kids. It made me laugh out loud. I looked her square in the face and told her (as I giggled) that I had absolutley no idea where he got that from! She also said that he is the informer (so and so is running, so and so broke a crayon, etc....which makes me crazy and is something we have been working on home. So all is well, and our kid is a smarty pants.

No comments: