Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lex is TWO!

Lex and her huge, ugly cake. I foolishly let her pick it out at the store and this is the one she HAD to have. Pretty sure we have enough for a month of birthdays. Good grief! But she loved it, so I am not going to complain too much!

Lex and her American Girl Bitty Baby. She got such cute things this year!


Again I am incline to ask how the crap that happened, but since I have not yet figured out how to make it stop, I figure it is pointless to figure out "how" it happens. I can still recall clear as day 2 years ago when she was born. The past 2 years have been a riot. This child has more energy than any kid I know and has used it in ways I never thought imaginable. The last week for example was filled with a ton of baby powder and a carpet full of diaper rash ointment. Ahhhhhh and she wasn't even two yet. This past year she also got tubes in her ears after 7 double ear infections in just about a years time, I decided it was time to act, and not a moment too soon. The ENT had her tested by an audiologist and she was suffering from mild hearing loss! Since the tubes she has improved 200%. She speaks a ton more, has pretty much a whole new vocabulary and speech patten. She is becoming quite the jabberwakey.
Alexandra loves the color blue and trains (or cho-cho's as she calls them), I am thinking her big brother has rubbed off on her a bit here. Of course to be fair you should know that at this point, not only is blue, blue, but so are purple and green and sometimes red too. She does know pink and white. And like to wear blue pants. Meaning her jeans. She also loves water, if you suddenly hear water running Lex is most likely sitting in a sink somewhere, fully clothed. And if you are really lucky she is brushing her teeth with YOUR toothbrush NOT hers! Mmmmmm good! And for all the good it does me calling her Lex, she refers to her self as "Ali".
Two is going to be interesting for us all. She is stubborn as the day is long. No idea where she got that (wink, wink). Independent as all get out....again no clue where that may have come from. And takes a leap before thinking twice. She throws a fine tantrum, complete with the laying on the floor kicking and screaming. I admire her spunk, and stand behind to catch her when and if she falls and to clean up the mess in her wake. Which can be extensive. But she is the most wonderfully annoying, mess making, whirl wind of a child! She wakes each morning happy and excited for the day, despite the fact that her father and I both HATE mornings, she makes them much more bearable. She is always eager to start her day, and if we do not get her out of her room as quickly as she would like, you will usually find curled up in the rocking chair (now her cute arm chair from Gran) reading a book. She has turned into a snuggle bug. And loves to curl up with her Daddy! Without a doubt she is a Daddy's Girl. And that is just fine with me.
So here is to TWO, baby girl. Give it hell! Like I would have to encourage that in the slightest. I am sure we will butt heads, but I love you no matter what. Now, let go clean up the 90 pieces of food Aunt Keanne and Uncle Pete gave you......(I am getting the twins drums for their 1st bday and 70000000000 piece lego sets for every birthday there after!:) )
(okay I tried like 6 times to change the spacing and layout on this one! I give up!!!)

No comments: