Thursday, May 20, 2010

TEN!

Ten years ago, I married my best friend. My true love. And the only person I know who can put up with me on a full time basis! It was one of the best days of my life! I remember it pretty clearly. I was not afraid of what the future might hold, in fact I was so excited for our life together to begin. Today, 10 years, 2 kids, 3 homes, 4 cars, a cat and a fish later, I am still excited for our life together. Looking down that isle 10 years ago, I looked at him, the tears in his eyes (he really is a mushy one) and knew I was making the best decision I had ever made. Greg is truly my best friend. He knows when I need him and sometimes when to leave me alone. He can tell me when to reel it in and when it is okay for the crazy me to take over. I have always had his full support, and still do. He supports my crazy habits (HELLO! silent auction chair, again!) and laughs at me when I cry at the songs on the radio. Has given me my best gifts ever...Nathan and Alexandra. I probably don't tell him enough how much I love him, how much I need him and how much he means to me. Without him, I would be incomplete. I told him once he was not my soulmate, and I stand by that. He is so much more than that. He does so much more than compliment me. He helps me to be the person I want to be, and helps me get there. He is so much more than I deserve. And I am forever and always greatful for him. I love ya Babe. Can't even imagine what the next ten will hold for us.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Congrats you guys! (I hope that we can make it 10 years!)

Melanie said...

Congrats to you both! 10 years is a long time! (What I really have a hard time realizing is I've known you guys for 10 year, because we met just before your wedding.) Awesome accomplishment!