Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Girls Weekend!

Oh, I needed it. I wanted it. And I LOVED it. I ran away for the weekend with my 3 best friends. It was so great. They are by far some of the very best women that I know. And when we are together, it is a riot. Friday night we checked in to a very nice hotel and made ourselves at home. It was comfy and plush. And there was not a child nor husband in sight! We went to a very tasty french bakery for dinner, went to a concert in the park, and soaked in the hot tub before turning in for the night. We woke up Saturday morning and headed up the canyon to an amazing breakfast at a lovely little diner with HUGE biscuits. Found a lovely spot for pedicures. Then hit another local landmark for a late lunch/early dinner. Some how we consumed a lot of hollandase sauce. We are affectionately refering to it as a TRIPLE D weekend. As in Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. We ate more than we thought humanly possible, laughed a lot. And really just enjoyed a great weekend when we could just be a girls. I love being able to hang out with my girls. They are strong and beautiful women, who are all amazing in their own right, so when you mix us all together, we are a force to be reconned with.....just ask the lady at Lane Bryant and Victoria's Secret.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

That is exactly what I need. How do I get a prescription for that?

AMPM said...

Shove it biddy.........I ate twice my weight and I can kick your sorry green *ss! She was blathering horse. It was funny though. I can't wait to recreate that weekend, or go to a new place where we can hit multiple D's.