Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dip




We are now at a stage at our house when our kids love dip! Okay, they love to dip. More the verb tense than the noun. In ketchup. Maybe a little ranch on occassion for Lex, but mostly ketchup. This particular night, not only was the corn dog (it was a lazy dinner night....corn dogs are usually NOT on the menu) dipped, but also the apple slices and maybe worst of all, the green beans. Yack! We must have ketchup at any meal where there might remotely be something worth dipping. Namely meat. They most like to dip meat. And of course french fries.
Not long ago, we went to dinner with friends and we watched the girl spoon feed herself ranch dressing from the cup being held snuggly to her chest. Now, I do recall in the past saying that I did like Winger's ranch enough to drink it, but I never actually intended to ever do that. My daughter however, she apparently will not be holding back on that one.
Now to be fair I was and still am a big fan of the ketchup. I love it for french fries. And it is a must for pork roast (my mom and my brother HATE it when I do that) I also consider it manditory for scrambled eggs. Mostly because I detest eggs, and I have to hide what is on my plate. So I guess like most things that my kids do, they come by it honestly.
Crap, when are they going to get my good things....oh wait these are my good things....bigger crap!

1 comment:

Jann said...

Maybe Mason is really your kid. He loves ketchup, too. Some of the things he's dipped in made me want to vomit. I personally do not enjoy ketchup most of the time. But I do love me some good ranch dressing here and there.