Thursday, December 31, 2009

Good-bye 2009

Wholly cow! Another year has flown by. It is New Year's Eve, and as I sit here, another year older. I am forced to reflect on the past year, both the good and the bad.
My children are growing at warp speed. Nathan just turned 5 and Lex is on the very edge of one...I can see 2 less than a month from today. They have changed in leaps and bounds this year. Both had surgery. Not my favorite portion of the year by far, but the outcomes have far exceeded my wildest expectations. Nathan, after having his tonsils and adnoids out in May, has become a champion sleeper. He can now sleep through the night in his own bed, by himself, without even waking us once. Nevermind that his recovery was some of the longest 7 days of my life....but I would do it again to have him in such a better place. Lex, after her 7th double ear infection, got tubes in her ears. Before we had them done, she would jabber, but there were very few words. And since the audiogolist told us she was suffering from mild hearing loss (!!!!!) I guess it was not too big a suprise, but has that changed since her tubes. I still think she is lagging in the speech department, but we are much farther than we were 6 months ago. She now calls herself by name (Ali) and call Nate by name too (Nakey). I am hopeing that one day soon she will just talk my ear off, so I can beg her to shut-up. On that day, I will both eat my words and be delighted! All in all it was far more than I expected when we started the year, but again, the results have been worth it.
Greg and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary in May. There was no big to-do, but I love cherish every day with him. Even the ones where I wish to run him over, I am always, with out fail positive I married the on man in this world who can and does put up with me. He is my rock and also my sounding board, and without him, I hate to even consider the pile at which I would be lying at the bottom of. More than once this year he has grounded me and made me see what was necessay and how to make it through. Which has been no small feat.
2009 also made us Aunt and Uncle and Cousins. We have many family members we have adopted as such, and by no means do we love you less, but we love the 2 little guys who stole our hearts on May 5th. Andrew Peter and Cooper Nicholl are wonderful little guys. They already drive each other crazy, which is a hoot to watch. Greg is convinced that Cooper hates him... I think nothing could be farther from the truth. And I get to hog them 3 days a week. I am forever in love with these 2 little men, and the fact that their parents trust me with them still makes me marvel. I must be doing something right.
I am intentionally avoid the low lights of this year. To put them in a solid form is too much for me to bear. I have had to watch some of the people I love the most, hurt the worst. And I pray for each of you peace and happiness in the new year. I will always be here to spport you no matter what. And you all know who you are.
So, 2009, I bid you farewell. I knwo this recap is by no means complete, but this is what you get. You have been a year of firsts, lasts, and good times. You also brought with you more heartache then I ever wish to face again, so let's be done with that shall we? In many ways I will look back with fondness, but for right now I say be gone. I have a new year to look forward to!

No comments: