Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Nathan is 5.

Wholly crap. My first born is 5. FIVE! 5! How in the heck did that happen? When did that happen? I am at a loss. I cannot believe that I have a 5 year old. A child who is learning to read. Who is right around the corner from Kindergarten. WOW!
I have loved every second of the past 5 years. We had a rough start, but I tell you what, this kid is a fighter, and I knew it from the time he was about 8 hours old, when they took him to LDS NICU and he extibated himself, despite sedation in the hospital parking lot as the ambulance pulled in to unload . He is stubborn as the day is long, and I cannot imagine where he got that from.......
I am so excited for the coming year for Nathan. We survived 4, which had it ups and downs. Namely the whole tonsil adventure. That was the longest 7 days I have had in a looooooong time, but we now have a much a happier, much less tired child on our hands.
So to Nathan, I love you my boy. You are my #1 son! And I cannot believe that you are FIVE!

No comments: