Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter 2010

Easter is another of those hoildays when I spend alot of my time trying to make sure that my kids understand more than just the fuss about a bunny. Much like Christmas, Easter has a much greater meaning that we tend to forget about. So I like to read a lovely little book we have about Easter, and to remind my children on a regular basis that the bunny is NOT why we have Easter. Easter is the miracle of Christ rising from the tomb, despite being hung on the cross and killed by those who did not agree with/like him. My mom asked me if we got into the nitty gritty of Christ's death. Flatly I told her NO! We do not. It does not help to tell my children that he was tortured. I feel that is something far beyond their comprehension (thank God!) and really it does nothing for the true meaning of Easter, at least in my book. All that being said, we did get a visit from the Bunny and he was rather gracious to us all...........


On Saturday night we had a little egg dying. Which is a riot since no one here will eat a boiled egg. We took the to Greg's parents. His dad like egg salad and potato salad with egg.

Our end results. They are pretty good looking for what we had to work with. Namely a 5 yr old and a 2 yr old.


The goods from the Bunny. He even left something at our house for my cute mom.

Check out the goodies in the eggs after (yet ANOTHER) in door egg hunt.

During a moment of pure insanity the EB thought pixie sticks would be a fun thing to put in the baskets. I think he will not be that foolish again!!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Looks like a fun holiday! Happy Easter!

Alison said...

How funny that you all won't eat hard boiled eggs. They are a favorite at our house. Looks like you had fun though.