Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 2010, in a nutshell.

I had a typo just now, instead of nutshell, I typed nitshell.....probably should have left it. This month has been a whirl wind. How was it that as a child summers seemed to last forever until the week you went back to school. But as an adult, especially as a parent, time seems to FLY by!! We started June with planning for weddings. Both those were would be attending and one that we would be participating in. Beginning the day was a whirlwind trip to Price for a bridal shower for Sheena, followed up with a lovely rose garden reception for Madison and Joni (my boss's daughter). The next weekend was the BIG one! Greg's (slightly) older brother Mike married his cute bride Stephanie in a lovely ceremony in Midway. The kids and Greg were all part of the bridal party and looked perfect (hey, I get to gloat here!) and as soon as I steal someones pictures I will prove it! Alex was the sweetest little flower girl, who would not allow anything to be done with her hair, and wore her white sport socks down the isle under her sandals. Stunning I tell ya! Nathan HAD to have a suit and like his dad's, so we found a affordable number at Target, and he was the most stunning ring bearer ever. He looked sharp! And my sweet hubby, all done up in his monkey suit looked AMAZING. Hot, Hot, Hot. Best looking best man EVER. Hands down. I was the decorator, and I am proud to say, with the help of my shorter, older twin we totally rocked it!! So to Mike and Steph, many happy years! Toward the middle there, we threw in some good old Country Fest fun and headed to the parade and had bunches of friends over for pizza and fireworks. The big, in the sky ones too! We brought the month to an end with an open house for the Mike and Steph and due to pure inability to drive and function, missed Jesse and Sheena's reception, but we sure wish them lots of love and happiness! I guess you could say we had a "marry" June. July starts tomorrow. And in one month Nathan will start kindergarten. I am reeling!!! My baby boy...in kindergarten! Wholly smokes that was FAST!!! But first, we have swimming lessons to conquer! I am hoping to find my camera soon, and get some pictures up for all to enjoy. Oh, and one more thing, the twins are starting to walk. Ya, July will not be slowing down for us. NOT ONE BIT!

1 comment:

Amber said...

holy cow! kindergarten! I'm not ready for your son to be that old!