Thursday, June 3, 2010

Summer Time

We are in full Summer Time mode round here. The weather is finally cooperating, thank heavens and we are ready for some summer fun. On tap for June we have weddings. Three to be exact. Including the brother-in-law, in which everyone plays a pretty significant roll, but me. Well, maybe that is not entirely true, I am the wrangler for the flower girl and ring bearer and also the best man's wife who will be writing his toast. I guess I have plenty of duties, just none of them official. The other two weddings, I am happy to report, I have no role in except to show up and offer my congratulation to the glowing bride and her lovely groom. Easy enough.

This is our last official summer before we have a school aged child. The boy starts kindergarten this year. I am shocked and awed and a little weepy at the notion that my baby is about to start his school career. I am sure there will be tears on the first day (and make no mistake they will be mine and not his.) He is going to half day kindergarten and then two days a week he will continue at Learning Dynamics with their kindergarten enhancement program. I am sure that is when most of the learning will take place. Seeing that at the Kindergarten meeting earlier this spring, they encouraged us to make sure our kids knew the letters in their names......sheesh my kids can read and write his own name and simple books, now what??? We shall see how this goes........

Speaking of the boy, I asked him what he wanted to do this summer, his answers were so funny. He wants to see the beach and have lots of fun. I told him we would see about the beach and I am sure we could get do the fun thing. Right now they are out playing in my garden, glad I have not got it planted yet.

So we are off and running for summer. I will keep you posted (ha posted) as to how it goes!

No comments: