Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I am an AUNTIE!!

So we got a call from my brother this morning about 8:15 am. He said that Keanne's water broke that moring when his alarm went off for work (good grief what kind of alarm clock do you use!!) and that they were at Jordan Valley Hospital, but that because she was only 33 weeks and 3 days that they were going to stick her in a helicopter and send her to the University of Utah. Well hello!! So I ran Nate to preschool, took Alex to my in-laws, and since my mom was on her way home from Death Valley, I rushed up to the U. I was a bit of a mess. Suddenly I have a chance to think about what delivering at 33 weeks means and how truly scary it is. I didn't really have time to think about all that with Nathan when I was the one delivering, but I cried most of the way up to the hospital. My turn to freak out about it. I knew that Keanne had the steroids shots for the babies lungs, so that made me feel better, but I was still really anxious. So I get up there, find labor and delivery, and figure it is time to sit back. I thought surely she had already delivered. but NO. Right after she got there they got an emergency c-section, so they held her back. She didn't have to wait too long, but I saw how hard and fast her contractions were coming, and when the dr. decided to check her, she must have felt toes (baby "a" was breach) because her eyes got really big and she said "we are moving NOW" and away they went. They boys were born at 11:27 and 11:28 respectively and weighed in at 4 lbs 14 oz and 5 lbs even (again respectivley). All three of them are doing great. Keanne is a trooper, and I am so glad they are all well. Hopefully the boys will be able to come home soon, and then the madness will really get going. I will post some pics as soon as I can. And, I will list their names as soon as they are official. Keanne wanted to see baby "b" before she was sure of his name, and she had only seen baby "a" when I had to leave for Nathan's dr's appt.

1 comment:

Sonja said...

Congratulations Auntie! Tell Keanne that I said congrats to her and her new family.