Thursday, July 21, 2011

July 2011

Wowzers......It has been a long time. Long Long Long time! There is no way I can catch up on everything in one post, so I will just start from now and will try to go back at later dates.

As thing stand right now, there is a lot that is to come........the most pressing of which is that Nathan will be starting FIRST grade in less than a week. How the hell did that happen?!?! We are really excited that he is going to be joining the Chinese immersion program at the elementary school he attends. Both we, as his parents, and Nathan are excited for this awesome program and awesome challenge. He will spend half the day learning from an English speaking teacher and half the day learning from a Chinese speaking teacher. He has a friend who lives in a different school district that has completed her first year in the program and has loved it. We look forward to him having to put some work into learning. We all agree it is going to be one crazy adventure!

Come a little farther into August and Alex will also be going to school. This will be her first year of preschool, and for me that means 4 hours a week to myself. I have not had that in almost 7 years and am not quite sure what to do with myself. I am both excited for this time, and a little sad to think my baby girl has grown up so fast. Trust me, she has no qualms about kicking my butt to the curb so she can go do her thing at school. She thinks it is about freakin' time she gets to go to school too.

Greg should soon be starting his adventure in his new store. If they ever get the transfer completed, we are now at almost 4 weeks and counting. But it will be so great to go from a 65 mile commute to 15 miles. And we will be going back to a schedule that our family deals with much better. We are greatful for his job, and looking forward to all that is to come, but mostly getting rid of that crazy commute.

No comments: