Wednesday, July 27, 2011

First Grade..part 2

Because your little sister will always try to steal your thunder!


Walking out the door to his first day of FIRST grade 2011-2012!


The day has come. And I think Alex and I are feeling a little lost. I am not sure what to do with just she and I, but we will find our way. Nathan was up extra early this morning and he was ready to go. I had to tell him to go back to bed. But it was a good morning. I made him a good breakfast (french toast and sausage), packed up him lunch (a lunchable sandwich pack plus chips and cookie) and got him ready to go. I decided (along with all the other mom's and dad's) to wait with him at school until he went into class. He was less than impressed. He just wanted me gone, that was especially true once he saw his friend and was off to line up and catch-up. And I was really proud of myself. Hardly an urge to cry....until I saw Ellie and Luke's mom bawling, and then I started with some tears myself, only after I yelled at her to knock it off! {Ellie and Luke's mom is a special person in my life.....her twins were in the same NICU as we were at the same time. How we ended up at the same elementary school is crazy. We lived out here and they bought a house out here. I figured it out last year when they had the same kindergarten teacher and now they have the same 1st grade teacher too. Their mom and I have a special bond.....one that never requires words.} Then Alex and I were off. It will be strange to not have him at home all day, and we will miss him. But he is off to conquer the world is his own Nathan way.



No comments: