Monday, August 8, 2011

Smoke Alarms and the Sound of My Voice.

The other day we replaced all the smoke alarms in our house. Or, I suppose I should say Greg replaced all the smoke alarms. I bought them, and was here for moral support, but I in no way changed anything. But, back to the point. After almost 3 years of smoke alarms going off randomly in the middle of the night I could not abide it any longer. Scared the *&^% out of me. Woke up Greg and Nathan. But not Alex. In fact, she did not even roll over. Out cold.

I said something about the fact that Alex slept through the smoke alarms this past week on facebook. Most people thought it was funny. If it had someone else, I probably would have thought it was funny too. Oh, wait I do think its funny and it is my kid. What I think is even more hilarious is that they now make smoke alarms on to which you can record your voice. I saw them at the store but gave them little thought. I thought about it again when my aunt mentioned it. Speaking of funny...........who in the world would think my children would wake to my voice as opposed to a screeching alarm? Certainly not I. I am pretty sure that my voice is on a pitch that my children cannot hear at all. Something akin to a dog whistle. After all I have to say NO to things at least 4 times. And if I ask them to do or not to do something, it must be repeated at least twice. I hope one day that my kids feel compelled to call me and apologize like I do with my mom.


No comments: