Sunday, July 3, 2011

Third of July

Oh if only you could read their little signs....It is their names and ages, so here we go.......



Back row: Andrew (2) ....he and his bro were napping so parents are standing in.


Middle Row: Max (4), Nathan (6), Riley (11), Jack (9), Madison (6), Cooper (2)...see above.


Front Row: Mari (7), Alexandra (3)

We, as a big old extended family, were lucky enough to have both of my cousins home for the fourth of July weekend. This was a big deal because Zeke and his brother (and twin) Max are both active duty in the Army and have been for many years. Zeke just barely got home for a nearly year long deployment in Afghanistan and he and Max are both stationed in the same place for the first time in a long time. So when they asked if they could do a family party at our house, there was not doubt that we would say yes. Of course in 2011 we had only one day over 100 degrees in the entire summer and it was July 3rd. So it was hot, but we are fortunate to have a great back yard with lots of grown trees. So we had lots of shade. A lot of great food and wonderful family and friends. I have made it a point to figure out how to entertain massive amounts of children and have decided a bounce house is always a hit. And if it is over 100 degrees and you can add water to that.....you might just find gold stars on your forehead. These kids had a great time. And so did I. I am happy my cousins are safe and sound on US soil. I am grateful for what they do every day that allows me to do what I do. I could not be more proud of those 2. And I will have a party for them ANYtime they want.

No comments: