Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Talese, one year later.

I am not one to celebrate the anniversary of anyone's death. But I have been thinking about her, so here goes.

Just over a year ago, my sister-in-law's sister died. She was a unique soul who was much different than I, but one I cared for, nonetheless. She was a good friend. And a loving person. She was spunky and had a sweet tooth that would rival anyone you ever knew. She was not afraid to have ice cream for breakfast, or lick the frosting off the cake that had been sitting out for 8 hours. Here are my thoughts for her this morning:

Dear T,

Just over a year ago you made your choice and I hope it has brought you peace.

I wish you were here to get to know my little girl. I think you would enjoy her. She is a piece of work. Spunky and crazy and so fun. She wears ribbons from your collection in her hair all the time and it makes me smile.

I miss you and hope you that you are whole again.

Love,
Joey

1 comment:

Sonja said...

Thanks Joey, I thought of her on Sunday and hoped for the same thing.