Saturday, July 25, 2009

Finally......

It is finally (nearly) over. My time as a single mom is coming to an end. The hubs will be home in less than 24 hours and I am so excited. The past week has been long, but luckily for me, and my kids, we have the very best family and friends. Saturday night was rough, Greg had not been gone 4 hours when Lex pooped in the bathtub! GROSS! I was not a happy girl and figured that must have just been the beginning, but really it wasn't. Sure we had our ups and downs, but we have made it through. On Sunday, Katie, Jared and Alyssa came up, hung out and made us a lovely dinner! Nathan got to spend Monday night with Grandma (Greg's mom). She took him to the new Ice Age movie and his favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner. Can you say spoiled? Lex had a Dr appt on Tues with her ENT to check her ear tubes (in which she got a clean bill of health) and we swung by Grandma's on the way home, hung out for a bit and stopped at Mc'd's for some nuggets on the way home. That night Courtney (my 18 yr old neighbor) came over to see if the kids could play on the front lawn with her. Yep, no probs...wear them out good. Wednesday we just hung out at home, Court did take Nate to get a Slurpee. Thursday, I had plans to get a pedi and some dinner with the girls, so my mom took the kids. They were both supposed to spend the night, but my poor step-dad totalled his motorcycle in Canada on the way back from riding to Alaska (he is very sad, but not hurt thank heavens) so instead of keeping them both, she only was able to keep Nate, because she had to pick the Dad up at the airport at 9:30p.m. But I did get to go out with Katie and Heather, and though we were missing the 4th musketeer (AMY!!) we did manage to have a very relaxing and fun time. Friday was technically a holiday, so we spent the whole day at my parents. The kids in the pool, me napping!! It was a good day. Saturday we got up early and Nathan rode his new bike (I told you he was spoiled) in the neighborhood bike parade. We had breakfast with our neighborhood (I love where we live!) and then headed home. Katie called and asked if she could take Nate to a movie with Alyssa (SPOILED AGAIN) and then we hung out and let the kiddies feed the horses. It also must be said that Nathan talked to his dad or at least left him a message EVERY night that he was gone. Which I think is part of the reason things went so well, but I am still ready for Greg to be home. And I am more than ready for the my girls trip this fall. And maybe a good back rub and a nap.

1 comment:

AMPM said...

diners, dives and drive-ins.......
my new trip motto...hardening of the arteries or bust.