Thursday, July 16, 2009

What a week

So my cousin and his family have been here for a couple of days, and I am toast. I am pretty sure we have gone non-stop for 4 days, and I am really starting to feel like it, but instead of whining I will fill you in....

Sunday....arrival and family dinner with the Salt Lake crew. That would be me and my family (this makes more sense when you know that they are staying at our house) my mom, Rosie (the very best aunt) and my little bro Pete and his wife and of course my cutie twin nephews. We had crockpot lasagna and it was devine. I also snuck out to Sanctuary and had a pedi with Keanne...Good times.

Monday....We kinda just let the day lead the way. We went mellow. Paul (the cousin) went to the local carpenters union office. Greg worked half a day, and we all met for lunch at THE PIE! Yummy pizza. Then we headed to Kennecot to see the pit in all it huge old glory. It had been a long time since I had been there, and it was big and had a ton of neat information. We ended the day with my mom coming to watch the kids, and the 4 grown ups going out to dinner at Red Rock.

Tuesday.... Greg had to work all day, so we loaded the remaining 8 of us in to the cousin's 'burb and headed for the monastary in Huntsville. This trip is necessary, becasue we have an uncle who is a monk up there. It had been 10 yrs since they were there, not so long for my crew, but all good. The kids got to run outside on the lawn at the guest houses, something I remember doing when I was a kid, while the grown-ups had chat time with the old guy (and I do mean old...he will be 80 in October). We had a lovely visit and came down Ogden Canyon. After some dicussion, we decided it was to freakin' hot to go to the Eccles Dino Park, and instead headed for home, but not before stopping off at The Greenery for some Mormon Muffins....mmmm, yummy. We got home about 5:30 and I fixed us some dinner.

Wednesday....We split the morning up some. Nancee, Zoe and I hit the mall for an hour or 2, and the boys and Shannon and Lex stayed home in some sense. Nate had a hair cut and Paul built a cat scratch post. In the afternoon, we all joined forces and headed for Sweet's Candy Co for a factory tour. It was super fun. All 9 of us enjoyed it alot. Then we headed the other way and went to the Dino museum at Thanksgiving Point. We spent a couple hours there, before darting home for a minute to let everyone freshen up and then off to Rosie's for a tasty dinner. Turkey and burgers, and salad and all so good.

Thursday....I sent the 5 Moran's to Lagoon, and the kids and I tried to play catch up. On naps, and laundry and dishes, and all. I am currently baking a rum cake to take to Price tomorrow.

So I will have to post again, when all is said and done, and oh, did I mention that my hubby leaves on Saturday for his yearly trek to Alaska? I will survive.............

1 comment:

Melanie said...

WOW! That is quite a week. I love it when family comes to town. It's always crazy when they're there, but I always wish they would leave.

BTW-I got your message. Thanks for thinking of us. I was at the doctor's office. She tried to "help me along". We'll see if anything worked. So far nothing, but I'll let you know when he arrives!