Sunday, July 19, 2009

Single mom for a week

Every year the hubby packs up and heads to Alaska for a week of fishing and bonding (or what ever it is that men do) with his dad, brother, uncle and 2 close family friends. Well, this is that week. I am still trying to recover from having house guests (who are more than welcome again next year....if they want) and I would like to sleep for a week. I have a one year old who is teething, and a grumpy butt, but I am hanging in there. Becasue those things are just life. I spend most every day with my kiddies. I love them so much. And I just laugh t how funny they are, before Greg left Nathan said he was going to call his dad every night and I think he ment it. We called him last night, right before bed, even thought he was still on the plane and Nate left him the cutest message ever, Greg said it was great to turn on his phone and see and message and have it be from Nate. So tonight as we fininsh up our night time routine, he tells me we have to call Daddy. So in we go and dial him up. Greg was able to get some reception and it was fun to hear Nate tell him about his day. Love that kid. Last night Nate kept creeping into my bed. When I asked him about it this morning he said that he slept with Daddy while I was away in St George. I kindly told him NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! He will sleep in his bed and I will sleep in mine...............we shall see. So tomorrow he (NATHAN) has scheduled himself a sleepover at Grandma's and then a movie with her on Tuesday. Lex has to go to the dr to have her ear tubes checked so it worked out great for me schedule wise. And I think I may head to dinner with my mom. I can only hope the week continues on so smoothly and that we don't have any "I need my daddy moments", becasue he is far far away. Until next Sunday anyway.

2 comments:

Jann said...

I love how calling dad becomes a reward when dad is away. I had to admit that I'm a little jealous when Mason will excitedly tell me that he gets to call his daddy and tell him something. I hope your week goes smoothly, too. Sorry we aren't around to hang out while Greg is gone.

Melanie said...

I'm very jealous of Greg right now. I wish I were in Alaska...it's in the 110s down here. I want to jump in my freezer everyday.

Good luck this week while Greg is gone. I hope it all goes well.

PS: Still no baby and I think I may go crazy.