Monday, November 23, 2009

More to be Thankful for....Days 12- 17

I will probably never catch up. It is the story of my life.

Day 12.
Car seats. This is one of those things that starts off as one thing and morphs into something totally different. I am greatful because they keep my kids safe, but even more than that, I am greatful it contains Lex in a manner of which she cannot escape. Giving me 3 minutes to put the frozen goods into the freezer while not having wonder if she is playing in the street or climbing under a moving vehicle. It also offers me the ability to secure all other riders with out having to wonder how loud the radio will be when I turn the car on.

Day 13.
Let's hear a cheer for the drive-thru. Without you I would be lost. I would have to haul all 4 kids out of the car and that is bad. I can get food, Caffeine, dry cleaning, return library books,and a plethora of other items at a good drive-thru. Many a day you save me.

Day 14.
and speaking of CAFFEINE. I would be more than happy to write you a long and glowing recommendation should you ever need a job elsewhere. but I can assure you that as long as I have children and things to be done that you will never be out of work here. So thank you my friend it whatever form you come to me that day, be it coffee or a good Dr. Pepsi. I promise to appreciate all you do.

Day 15.
For a cat with the patience to contend with a one year old who LOVES you, and to a fish who can go 2 weeks with out having his water changed. We may once in a while neglect you, but we sure do love all you add to our crazy house.

Day 16.
A good book. So probably I should say a great author who has written and published something for me, to take me away from everyday, to teach me something, or to just be. I am forever greatful for a book. Be it good or bad, sappy or totally unbelieveable. I am currently lying in wait for Sarah Addison Allen's new book that will be out March 16, 2010. (if you have never read anything by her, get busy. Sugar Queen and Garden Spells were both....dare I say magical?!?!)

Day 17.
My "real" job and boss. Everyday, for the rest of my life I will be a mom. But a few special times a month I get to do something that for many years I considering dreary. I get to work outside of my home. I love my job. I am very lucky to have a position and set my own hours or have the chance to just fill in once in a while. And since I am working for the same guy that I started with many years ago (like 12+), I am very blessed. He is a great guy, who probably knows me too well and likes me anyway. So to Rick, the man who helps me keep my sanity. I say thanks so very much for letting me work at such a great job.

No comments: