Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thankful Day 2

Day 2, I am on a roll now.

This day I am thankful for my kids. They are such wonderful little creatures. This one is especially profound for me at this time, becasue on Friday, I know a family who will be burying their precious little boy who passed away at 3 months old from a birth defect. My heart breaks for them, I am sick over the whole thing. I cannot and do not wish to ever understand their heartbreak. But, on a happy note, back to my kids......Nathan and Alexandra are by far the most amazing people I have ever met. Every day they do or say something that I find to be hilarious. Alexandra, every day is just as wonderful. Her new "trick" is to take something, that she knows she should not have and just as I catch her to take it away, she hucks it across the room. I am so tried of her version of catch, but she sure has an arm on her. And Nathan, has the most amazing imagination. The other day, just before bed, he got all his STARWARS guys out and had them arranged around the family room and the kitchen. When I told him it was time to clean up for bedtime, he looked me square in the face and said, "but Mom they are at their battle stations". Far be it from me to remove any one from their battle station just becasue of bedtime. I love those 2 kids so very much!

No comments: