Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

A lovely day at home, filled with tasty food, fantastic family, and for the husband-football! I could live without the football part, but I guess I can give him a few hours once a year. After all he is a wonderful guy that takes great care of me and the kids and all the rest of my family too. I am very THANKFUL today, because despite stting my alarm last night so I could get up this morning at 6am to put the turkey in the roaster, it was determined when I sat straight up in bed at 6:32 am that I clearly did not finish the job. I neglected to turn my alarm ON, but all turned out okay. The turkey was finished in plenty of time, and was divine! Wednesday night my mom came over and helped me make my grandmother's stuffing, my favorite Thanksgiving eat. As it turned out my Aunt was here from out of town and my brother decided to stay for dinner with his boys (who ate their first prunes!) so we ordered up some pizza and had a nice night before. After everyone left, the Hubs and I got to pie making. I am somewhat embarrased to admit we only had 2 kinds this year, but with only 6 adults and 2 kids, I just could not force myself to make 16 different pies. The pies turned out perfectly, in fact I think it was the most beautiful pumpkin pie I have ever made. Everything was so good, and we ate until we could eat no more. After everyone departed to their next dinner and/or dessert location we packed up our kids and went over to Grandpa-Greats for a looksee at his Christmas decorations that he and Grandma-great have spent much of the last 2 weeks putting up. To say there are a lot would be a huge understatement. I will have to take some pictures next time, so everyone can get the FULL view. But lets put it this was, there are probably about 50 8-10 inch houses, a full tree, 50+ nutcrackers, and everything ever made that sings or dances. The kids loved it. There is literally a small path to the couch and that is about it, so we did not stay long as there was no room to visit. All in all it was a lovely day. Quiet and peaceful, which is what I wanted.

No comments: