Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Alaska, Day 1

We dropped Greg off at the airport last night for his yearly jaunt to Alaska. As usual, there were a lot of hugs and kisses and "I go with you", but the kids and I drove away and left Daddy and Grandpa to the "big airplane" to go to 'laska. And we got home before the crying and whining started. Luckily, they had not yet boarded when we got here, so I let the kids call him, and that seemed to help. I got them to bed in a decent fashion........I still am not sure why it is different, I put them to bed by myself all the time, but somehow it was, and after a zillion more "mom's" I got them both to bed, the dishes done and myself to bed before midnight! Score. Night was uneventful, even though we had a storm blow through, every one (who is small or a dog) slept all the way through the night. Alex climbed in bed with me a little after 6 am and asked where her daddy was...I said Alaska and we both rolled over and went back to sleep. When the alarm went off, I climbed out of bed, and the rest of the day went pretty much as usual. With the exception that Alex slept until 9 am. I think she has a cold, gauging by the green crusties in her poor nose.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Jon does bedtime duty at our house, so when he is gone at bedtime it is extreamly hard to get the girls down. Good luck to you. Your a nice wife to let him go every year.