Thursday, July 22, 2010

Alaska Day 2

As I sit here at 10:12pm, I hear the sounds of quiet, not just sleeping quiet, but the true silence of being home alone. It is strange. Really strange. It has been a long time since I was home alone for more than 10 minutes. And I am not sure if it is comforting or driving me crazy. The kids are with their Grandma's. Grandma has Nathan and Gran has Alex. We usually don't split them up, but Nathan has been begging to see a movie and Alex.............well there is no movie that can keep her attention at this point! So they went their separate ways, and I went to dinner with a girlfriend from high school. It was great to catch up with her!
Nathan had his last day of swimming lessons today and he has already asked me to sign him up for some at the rec center. I guess I had better look and see when the new lessons start! A smooth day! Guess I will go finish cleaning up the family room, the way I want with no little monsters following behind pulling out all that I put away!

No comments: