Friday, July 30, 2010

Alaska...over and out!

Nine long nights, and some really long days too, Greg made it home safe and sound! We could not have been happier for his return. The fantastic Courtney came and stayed with the boys while they napped so the kids and I could go to the airport and retrieve our long lost father and husband. And I was tickled to see him, unshaven, stinky and all. I ordered him to the shower as soon as we got in the house! We now have our freezer refilled with 50+ pounds of fish we are not likely to eat, but he is refreshed and home. I really want him to be able to go and do these trips, but safe to say 9 nights was toooooooo many. I was tired of single mommyhood and to be honest, I think the kids were sick of me. I was delighted to let them be totally lost in their father..until he went to work the next morning. October is not coming fast enough!

No comments: