Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dog Days of Summer

Conan and Roofus (I give up it won't center!)


It is officially the dog days of summer. And that is especially true around here! A little over 4 days ago, we were delivered 2 very large, very young, very lost pups. Big, black German Shepard pups. Conan and Roofus. 10 months and 8 months respectively. Their people are my cousins, twins none the less, who are both in the Army. One flies helicopters, and is on a training assignment, the other is being deployed (again). Their trips were not supposed to over lap. Max was supposed to be home before Zeke left, but that is not the way it turned out, so these pups were left a little high and dry. So what could we do with our 1/3 acre fenced yard. We offered to doggy sit from when Z leaves until Max gets back with his 60 million dollar office. As I am sure the offending terrorist read my blog (hahahahaha!) I won't disclose too much, but to say that Z is going over the pond, to the land of sand. Max is somewhere stateside, as if I can keep track of them, I can't even find my checkbook at present! And I am no longer capable of remembering things like which company or unit they are with. Once upon a time, I knew that information, now I am a looser and just know they are in the Army. Which is probably a good thing, that way I manage to worry a little bit less.
Anyway, back to our house......Nathan is terrified of the dogs. Doesn't help that the first thing he did was take off running and one scared pup tried to coral him. Which just freaked him out more. Alex on the other hand could hardly care less. She does startle when they bark at her...hello they are as tall as she is! But she is constantly running to their treat box for a milkbone. I swear we are going to go through the whole huge box in a week at this rate. Maybe she has learned the most valuable doggy lesson....bribery is good! So things here are crazier than usual, but I am not complaining. Taking care of dogs seems so minor when compared to what my cousins do. They make our country a little safer. It is because of people like them, that my family is able to enjoy such amazing freedoms. Every day, as I feed and care for their pups, I will make sure to whisper my prayer for Max and Zeke to be safe and come home soon. Take care guys, and know that your pups are being loved, and so are you!

1 comment:

AMPM said...

Mads needs to visit while you still have them.....she is a dog lover.